salty1

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started to raise the sg in my q-tank after 30 days at 1.009 for ick and the powder blue is breathing like crazy as of a couple of days ago. Now I think I see a ton of really tiny spots on the tang. It is hard to see if any are on the the racoon. I have no idea what to do. Is copper in order, even though the salinity is only 1.014? I have cupramine but don't know how much to dose. PLEASE HELP!

jmeader

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like copper is in order, but I wouldn't use it in anything but a hosp tank. Not familiar with cupramine so I'm afraid I can't help with the dosage.

naesco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. First check to make sure the water conditions are OK no ammonia etc. if not do a water change. Slowly move the salinity up
2. Do a fresh water dip insuring that the ph and temperature is the same for 2 minutes and put the fish back in the Q tank.
3. Close off all the lights. Give it s/t to hide in. Your anxiety makes things worse
4. In the AM get GreenX from a LFS. Make sure any carbon is removed. Do not overdose.
5. Feed only garlic and selcon soaked food.
6. Don't know about cuparmine but you may find info on the web.
7. Put an airstone in the Q tank
For your future info the low salinity and than increased salinity probably caused the problem together with the fact that a tang especially a powder blue doen't like small tanks. Also never attempt to add more that one fish in 30 days unless you have a very large tank.
Good Luck

Good Luck

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: