A

Anonymous

I moved a maroon clown to my main tank yesterday and all went fine. Turned on the lights this morning and Ich. I freshwater dipped her, shaving and brushing my teeth while a clown is swimming in a tupperware bowl, man you know your addicted when.....

Any way This dip knocked almost all the cysts of her only two were on her check when I left. If I get home and these two are the only ones left do you think it is best to leave well enough alone?

[ July 30, 2001: Message edited by: Fishaholic ]

jbpig

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dave,

Not sure on h ow much more stress it would bring to do another FWD within 24 hrs, but have you tried soaking the food in garlic? I have no ecperience with the garlic but have heard positive things about it. Email butch,,, he will know

Hope the clown gets better
Joe

jmeader

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dave, the best indicator of how much more stress the fish can take is the fish itself. If it doesn't look stressed, breathing- color- activity, it should be able to handle another dip alright. If you can catch it for FWDs then I'd put it in a hosp tank and treat it. Coppersafe and Maracyn is my usual treatment of choice, but not this time. I think it's risky to use copper with clowns. So I'd go with something like formalyn and malachite green. If ich has showed up on your clown though, I think you stand a very good chance of seeing a general outbreak soon. From what I've read on garlic, I think it might be worth trying on a preventive basis. I've never tried it. It's been years since I've had to deal with ich. I normally catch it in quarantine and treat in the hosp.
Joe, so far no sign of anything on any of the fish we picked up last week. Still to early to celebrate though
icon_smile.gif

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will pick up some garlic as a prevenitive. I got home and she is looking good. the two spots from the morning have dropped off and hopefuly the freshwater killed them, still picking up the garlic just in case.

Thanks Guys

Terry B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the fish in the tank must be treated regardless of whether or not you see spots on them. FW dips do not cure ich. They can help a little but you still have to treat them. Garlic works sometimes, more if it is a light infection. Copper or hyposalinity (SG of 1.009) are the only sure cures and they cannot be used with live rock or inverts.
Terry B

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grabbed a 60 ml bottle of Kyolic liquid fom GNC. The sales person started to bestow all the virtuesof this product on me when I told him it was for my fish. His response "Huh, fish, really? Some looks you just have to be there for
icon_smile.gif

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: