ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
Got tons of these snails everywhere in my tank. They come out at night only. They are also being preyed on by pyramid snails in my tank which I only see when they come out at night. I have. Not seen these snails get bigger than a half grain of rice in my tank. I'll take a better picture
18c1667b-4a39-1a40.jpg
later with sale. These pics were taken with iPhone hop it is clear enough
18c1667b-494c-34e7.jpg

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
they are not stomatella i have those guys they have a sorta flatter shell and live to spray eggs/or sperm into the water column every once in a while. These guys have a shells that shape like turbo snails or a nerite snails, but i read it is unlikely they would reproduce in my tank conditions.i have to seE if i can gET A BEtteR PIC WITH DSLR

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
LOL Maybe i could name it flaming favia and make a ton of mony. J/K

Kathy i know they are not pyramid snails because the pyramid snails are on top of these guys!!!! I have no more clams now because i had an infestation of pyramids. and i still have some left and I always see them sucking these other Identified snails dry. lol

Im sorry guys i will take a better picture with my DSLR. I was trying to be lazy and took it with cell phone camera
Where do you see a stomatella in that pic??

Actually the white snails ARE the pyramid snails:
http://www.liveaquaria.com/general/general.cfm?general_pagesid=362
go down the page a bit to read about them.

The info there mentions the type of wrasses that will eat them.

I have to say, I like your first pic...it looks like there is a flame shooting out of that frag :)

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
I hear you...google the images for pyramid snails and tell me what you think. Do you have any clams? From what I have been reading most seem to agree that if you have no clam in the tank, after a short while you won't have pyramid snails either as they will starve..others say they may eat other things..a rather confusing topic.

I am trying to find some pics of a snail called a Rissoid...which is also a possibility...

There are so darned many types of snails...a better pic would be helpful too :)

yep, flaming favia it is ! lol

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Where do you see a stomatella in that pic??

Actually the white snails ARE the pyramid snails:
http://www.liveaquaria.com/general/general.cfm?general_pagesid=362
go down the page a bit to read about them.

The info there mentions the type of wrasses that will eat them.

I have to say, I like your first pic...it looks like there is a flame shooting out of that frag :)
The pic is not very clear it looks like the little white dots on the favia frag were stomatellas. They stay small like a 1/2 grain of rice I have them everywhere. If they are pyramid shaped it's extremely hard to tell.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: