watevadog5

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Ok so def not the best pictures but it's worth a shot. They started very small and have gotten bigger. Dark greenish in color.

Attachments

• 0930141503a.jpg
    0930141503a.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 116
  • 0930141503.jpg
    0930141503.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 113

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
bubble algae has millions of spores in them be careful not to pop them otherwise you will have an infestation nasty little buggers

I believe that I've read that, that theory has been disproved... Whenever I had to remove it, some came out easily, some 'popped' under water...there was no 'population explosion' after that.

watevadog5

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I was lucky enough to have the palys on a small piece of rubble. No bubbles popped on removal. One stalk was slightly attached to a neighboring rock and a piece of it is on the rock still. Will that start growing or just die off?

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
I was lucky enough to have the palys on a small piece of rubble. No bubbles popped on removal. One stalk was slightly attached to a neighboring rock and a piece of it is on the rock still. Will that start growing or just die off?

It will grow :(
If you have a pair of nippers, you might want to cut off the corner of that rock so they are entirely gone.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: