AriMiko43

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I found a bunch of these on my glass, they are way to small to take a good picture of so I drew what they look like. They are a pinkish color and move fairly quickly along the glass in zig zag patterns. Do they resemble flatworms? Anyone know what they are? Once again they are the size of a pen dot. Thank you

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 189

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
If there is nothing else in the tank, then YES! You must do water changes after using salifert flat worm exit b/c FW will release toxins into water...but that doesnt matter as there is nothing living in tank to get poisoned. Def do it now, as it is a pain to do later.

AriMiko43

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I have snails, hermit crabs, 1 cleaner shrimp, 2 emerald crabs and frags of corals in the tank. These flatworms are very small and they are not populated yet. Most i can siphon out of the glass then dose the FWE. The die off of the remaining flatworms shouldn't affect anything would it?

tynman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I found some of them in my tank 2 or 3 weeks ago also and on the glass, my tank is up and running over 1 year now and I use flatworm exit took the chemi pure out before I dosed and watch them pick suckes running around like crazy and I never thought I had so many in there and I did suck some out before I started. Waited 30 min put the chemi pure back in and then the next day I did a 20% water change i thought I got themm all but then the next day I found a few more on the glass laughing at me..LOL So the next week before my normal water change I did it again. I think it worked this time but the only thing I saw was 1 sps's I had bleeched out m not going to say it was from the flatworm exit but thats the only coral in my tank to show any kind of change.. So good luck with getting them all...

AriMiko43

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Ok I did my first dose of flatworm exit last night and it worked. A lot of those lil suckers were flinging off the glass and floating to the top. There was no effect on my corals at all. They all stayed fully open throughout the whole dosing. I added the fwe in and left it in for 45 mins then followed up with a canister filter with fresh carbon in it and sucked all the ones I seen floating around. I then did a 20% water change and everything was still fine. This morning I woke up and rushed to the tank and all corals and invertebrates were still ok. I checked my glass and seen there are still more of these suckers that survived. Tonight I will be doing a second dose to see if I can get rid of them all. Hopefully the second time gets them all. I will keep you all updated.

AriMiko43

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Did a second dose again last night and these things are still on the glass. What should I do? I want to try to rid them now before they spread more and get bigger. Should I wait a couple of days then dose a higher amount again?

AriMiko43

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Does the fwe have any effect on livestock and corals? Or is it just the toxins released from the fw's? So far after 2 doses all corals are fully opened and didn't seem to be effected. There are not many fw's left so if I up the dose to get rid of them the toxins shouldn't be much.

tynman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
After my first dose I found some and sucked them out and I waited a few days to get the ones that might hatch and then I did the fwe and then the carbin and water change... so far so good I my dose one more time at then next water change.. good luck let us know how it all turned out...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: