NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
i do 1g wc once a month maybe on my 10g innovative marine tank i run no skimmer and have a little bag of chemipure elite, i dont over feed which is one of the biggest issues and a lightly stocked tank helps

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
Swap your display and your refugium. If you were planning on a 90 gallon display and a 30 gallon fuge, swap those. The 30 gallon display with a 90 gallon fuge would be pretty low maintenance.

Reef lover24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
in all honesty I have a 60g cube and rarely do any matienance. . I'm not a fan of really sticking my hand in the tank to clean glass and all that stuff. I literally run a sump with a refuge section, and skimmer section and that's about it. I change water maybe 1x a month if that. Fish thrive, don't overfeed and don't overstock. Corals I do softies and no sps.. It works for me not sure if it would work for others

5thChorseman

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
For your consideration, get a midsize tank 40 - 70 gal with a sump, Use an algae scrubber in combination with a sulfur denitrator.

This is essentially my setup. I have a 50 gal tank, with a sump, an algae scrubber and a DIY sulfur denitrator fed by my overflow. Every two weeks I clean the scrubber for about 10 - 20 minutes.
I rarely do water changes and my nitrate is 0, even with feeding four times a day with an automatic feeder. I top off water every few days by hand. And every week I dose CA, MAG, and other stuff by hands.

You can always get an ATO and doser to cut back on work.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: