zeroblake07

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello reefers ..!!

this time i'll appreciate your help to add a refugium to my nuvo 30 gallons, i'm searching info about add a refugium but i can't find anything except for those intank media baskets and fuge baskets i'll like to know if anybody has some os this baskets in a nuvo system. Today is the second day of cycle , i'll like to add the refugium while the cycle is working. thank you reefers.

zeroblake07

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the first pictures of my simple set up, is only about 18lbs of live rock now. I want to add some of Florida live rock to make a amazing environment for my corals and fishes, does anybody have a IM micro 30 gallons? I will like to know if you had any problems with cloudy water. Also I'm trying to use couple of this InTank media baskets and a fuge basket to add a little refugium to my set up. Does anybody uses this media baskets before??

Tonight I check the water for the very first time and this was the parameters.

Ammo 4.0 ppm
Ph 7.4
Nitrate 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm

And also I made the first 5 gallons water change, nothing to dose the water yet, I will like to know what type of cleaner crew I could add to maintain this size of aquarium.

I'm looking to build a nice reef with lots of corals softies and maybe couple of hard ones, and also just maybe a couple pairs of clownfishes or another easy to take care fishes my priority will be the corals and inverts such a bubble tips anemone, I saw a very rare color of BTA I don't remember the name but was very cool , the price a little to high but i might think that it worth it!!

Ok reefers thank you for read me !! Have a great night !!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByReefs1368941913.586427.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs1368941913.586427.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 310
  • ImageUploadedByReefs1368941930.551656.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs1368941930.551656.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 313
  • ImageUploadedByReefs1368941952.132207.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs1368941952.132207.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 309

Bombel

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got the same tank as you!! I bought it last week and am waiting for the stand to come in so haven't set anything up.

I actually did research and read a lot of good things about intank. I bought the media and fuge basket combo and plan on putting chaeto in the fuge basket. I will light it with the intank led light so hopefully that will be good enough. Can't wait for this stand some can finally get started >.<

Btw I spent 290$ on intanks site and I plan on spending more because I still want to get the protein skimmer!

zeroblake07

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got the same tank as you!! I bought it last week and am waiting for the stand to come in so haven't set anything up.

I actually did research and read a lot of good things about intank. I bought the media and fuge basket combo and plan on putting chaeto in the fuge basket. I will light it with the intank led light so hopefully that will be good enough. Can't wait for this stand some can finally get started >.<

Btw I spent 290$ on intanks site and I plan on spending more because I still want to get the protein skimmer!

Hey buddy!!

Is interesting to hear to somebody who has an IM 30, that's good!!

Yeah! I'm also using the inTank media baskets and are awesome provide a better filtration than the original sponges, I'm using the Skinmate Skimmer from IM too, is good, the only issue that I got with it was the made a lot of micro bubbles in the main tank but it was a week or so ago a d now is stopping there is not much of bubbles and starts to clean the water, also I have the Mini Maxi Reactor but I didn't use it yet, I'm looking some information about use or GFO or Bio Pellets with it.

And I added the spin for the flow and looks good make a nice flow in the tank .

I really like this tank is very awesome and looks awesome !! Here are a update of the aquasacape, I don't have to much time because my work takes my time but I did my best to do a nice rock art!! Hehe!! Well I like it!!

Enjoy your tank and I wish you good luck buddy!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByReefs1370100822.364884.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs1370100822.364884.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 266

Bombel

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks nice! Yea i also bought the spin stream nozzle! Usually skimmers take a while to "break in" so it shouldn't cause any more micro bubbles in the dt . Once I get my tank up and running il post a pic!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: