caad3

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Hi gang,

My RO system is running like crap lately. Flow has been really slow, and the membrane is not that old. A couple of questions here:
- Whats the impact of the cold weather on an RO system
- Should I get a ro flush kit
- I saw a flow restrictor on Buckeyefield supplies for flushing and cold weather. What will the flow restrictor do? besides restrict flow.lol

System is RO with DI canister. Other filter media looks fairly clean

thanks

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Colder input water slows the rate of production. You should keep the RO unit indoors and try to coil extra feed water line in a bucket of warm water if you are really concern with the slower production rate.

Rim_Reefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
IM having the same problem it has been really slow. It used to produce about 5 gallons in an hour now it does 1/2 gallon an hour. If i turn on the hot water it goes back to normal. Ive tried the coiling up inside a bucket idea but didnt have much success. I may need to try a longer hose mine is only about 15 ft. I dont want to use hot water because it uses alot of energy exspecially with all the waste water it produces.

caad3

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Cold weather

Thanks that's the answer I was looking for. I was going to buy another membrane, I thought mine was shot but its just the cold weather.

Just have to plan ahead for water changes.

IM having the same problem it has been really slow. It used to produce about 5 gallons in an hour now it does 1/2 gallon an hour. If i turn on the hot water it goes back to normal. Ive tried the coiling up inside a bucket idea but didnt have much success. I may need to try a longer hose mine is only about 15 ft. I dont want to use hot water because it uses alot of energy exspecially with all the waste water it produces.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: