DEL

reef guy in jc
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Hey guys. Havent posted in a minute. Since I'm new to the bio cube world, I figure I'd ask a few questions. I'm planning on keeping all zoos, palys, and acans in my 14g bio. I have a coral compulsion par38 dimmable LED light, heater, diy in tank media basket w/ chemi pro elite and purigen. Only livestock is a gbta, pair of plat clowns, a tail spot blenny, a Randall's goby, and a sexy shrimp. How much flow do I need for acans and zoos? Do I need a tiny power head? Or will my mj900 return pump be good enough? Any and all advice appreciated.

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I would at a koralia nano for some flow. Acans and zoas need some flow to get rid of waste and catch food. You don't need to blast the tho. Your return combined with the nano should be sufficient enough. Good luck with it, should be a sweet lil tank.
Edit I just noticed you have a bta in the tank. They need a good amount of flow. You might want to think about 2 k-nanos for the tank

RARECLOWNSNJ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I would be careful with exposed grill pumps in a nano with bubbletips.

You might be able to up the return pump in the cube for more flow. zoas and acans are dont really need crazy flow nor does a bta.

The bta will move to the spot where it likes the flow .

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: