CJRIZZOTTI

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have a baby blue hippo tang for about a month now I've seen various scratches and marks on him that go away i think it's cause my other tangs are bullies but the hippo has come around and has been less bullied and adjusted to my 75gallon reef tank i had noticed today the hippo has a huge white spot on his under belly and no other fish show any signs of this i tried to take the best pic i could and the hippo also has been real curious about my clown hosting in my anemone dunno if he got stung! Any and all advice is appreciated thanks for reading
e6567bb969da47ffe5d3e1e25155223f.jpg
d1dfa7ae5e23276f704ed26c1136f3b6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

CJRIZZOTTI

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hippos tend to jam themselves in between rocks, so a lot of the scraps that you're seeing may be coming from that. The big white spot could be a sting from a coral, a stress sign, or possibly a mark from wedging itself between some rocks.
He has been rubbing against the rocks like scratching at it is this just him being itchy

MDreef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Is there any growth coming from the spot? does it look like a wound / any tissue damage?

They do get stressed and can develop spots, those usually go away pretty quickly - however if it keeps recurring too often you should think about fixing the environment

CJRIZZOTTI

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any growth coming from the spot? does it look like a wound / any tissue damage?

They do get stressed and can develop spots, those usually go away pretty quickly - however if it keeps recurring too often you should think about fixing the environment
Funny came home from running errands spot completely gone

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: