Lee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
HELP! I picked up 2 small (brown packaging) pills from a fellow reefer yesterday (thank you), but realized last night that this will not be nearly enough to treat my tank. DOES ANYONE HAVE MORE?
I think I originally miscalculated the dosage that I will need. According to my research 1mg of milbemycin oxime treats 16.5 gallons. According to the packaging; the 2 pills that I have contain a combined total of 4.6mg. I am treating approx. 90G of water, so I should use 5.45454545...mg for ONE treatment. I would like to do 3 treatments over several weeks. I live in Manhattan and don't have a dog or cat. So I haven't been able to find a Vet that will sell the pills to me. Can anyone help me out?

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
A couple of things..
-your sump is not full of water
-and I doubt you have 90 G in your tank unless you only have a tiny bit of rock in there.
Can you possibly post a full tank shot of your display tank so we can guesstimate of how much water is actually in there.

Example..years ago I had a 55g tank that I was curing rock in..when it was full, there were only 20g of actual water in there. I measured it..lol

You don't want to OD your tank with the interceptor!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: