Attachments

• IMG_20090320_0658 [640x480].jpg
    IMG_20090320_0658 [640x480].jpg
    76 KB · Views: 199
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has it been there and in the tank? The fact that still has it's zoox is a good sign. Give us a little more background info.

SnowManSnow

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it isn't dead.

is it unhappy .... yup :)

what lighting are you running? How long has the tank been up.. and do you have any shrimp?... (if so what kind)

B

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO death of an anemone officially begins when some of the flesh (any of it, tentacles/body/foot) begins to decay. It's almost always the beginning of the end though; very few recover.

DaFrog

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flesh stated to decay earlier today - Moved it to a small 10 gal quarantine tank - Foot starting to disintegrate...

I have two pistol shrimps that I can only see at night (mostly hiding in the live rock) and a peppermint shrimp - Everything else in the tank is doing great:
A mated false percula pair (confused as their nest is gone)
Bicolor Angel
Small Yellow Tang
Yellow Watchman Goby
2 Orange Firefish
3 Blue-Green Chromis
One manadrin
A few gazillions copepods and amphipods
A mic of soft and LPS corals that are fully open
A few SPS (that came with my intiial live rock) and only open late before the lights turn off
Tank is 75 with 260 watts Sunpaq lights
Water chemistry was good two days ago (have yet to test since anemone started dying)
Any clue?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the foot is disintegrating then it's a goner 99.99% of the time. Sorry.

Sea Turtle

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I was going to sugest. Try adding a littel Lugo's solution. A couple of drops. Also, how fast is the water moving in the tank? If it is really cruzing, that could also make it unhappy, they don't like high flow.

Other wise, check your PH and salinity levels.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: