pjewett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I did a lot of cost comparison on individual probes and in the end felt justified in ordering one of the new Apex Lite's!

Will do everything I want to tackle initially and more and I can always expand later. Being able to check in on the tank from any computer or my phone is a big plus for me...like getting an email when there's water on the floor or if there's a power outage. Won't just be leveraged when on vacation either as I live in LI but work in Manhattan.

I can bolt home if there's an emergency.

cmor1701d

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I no longer use my Pinpoint pH monitor. It was great the first year, but after changing the probe I started having problems. I had to calibrate it often, but no joy in getting to keep a steady reading. Probably need to replace the entire unit, not just the probe after 15 -18 months. YMMV.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I have an Aquamedic PH controller no problems so far ,i think every reefer should have one .I'v heard you can't leave the calcium probe in water for a long time and the average price is about $249.

isgon26

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
420   0   0
What sensor is used for the water on the floor?

I did a lot of cost comparison on individual probes and in the end felt justified in ordering one of the new Apex Lite's!

Will do everything I want to tackle initially and more and I can always expand later. Being able to check in on the tank from any computer or my phone is a big plus for me...like getting an email when there's water on the floor or if there's a power outage. Won't just be leveraged when on vacation either as I live in LI but work in Manhattan.

I can bolt home if there's an emergency.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: