James404

MH for Life!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
So I decided to totally re-do my 24g Nanocube. The first thing I did was get rid of the AI SOL unit I was using, honestly I just wasn't happy with the results I had with it. I switched it out to a 150w Halide.

Next I decided to make the tank rimless. Heres where it started to get fun..
Before:
34ac48cb.jpg

After:
DSC_0397_765.jpg

Theres not much livestock in this tank currently, only two clowns and a nem that is recovering. Will keep this updated as I add more livestock.

James404

MH for Life!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Thanks Bobby. I see a lot of people with beautiful tanks running AI's on forums but for me it was very hard to find the "sweet spot" with them. Most of the coral I had ended up getting washed out. Either the fixture was too low with not enough spread, or it was too high, or instensity was too low or too high. I really prefer just throwing a MH or T5 on top of a tank and calling it good.

akma

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
That looks so clean. I had an AI led unit too, ran into same problems you did. Switched back to T5s and i'm loving it. Wish I could go back to halides but to many heat problems in the summer.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: