Rating - 100%
69   0   0
It's been awhile since i've been on the boards. My BC 29 is pretty much at the point that it's going to be too much to get back to where I want it to be. I had some serious health issues (Acute Mono and a heart attack) in the middle of December and I was unable to tend to the tank. The little algae I had went full blown and I pretty much lost every coral minus a devils hand leather and all of my fish minus a damsel and PJ Cardinal. So to get to the point, I want to set a new tank up and go bigger. I want to do another AIO and I have my eyes on the JBJ Rimless 45 Gallon AIO. Probably will be mixed reef with LPS and softies. I have a pretty set equipment list in mind for the tank too. Here's what I'm looking at thus far:

-JBJ Rimless 45
-AquaMaxx HOB-1 Skimmer
-EcoTech Marine Link
-Innovative Marine Spin Stream
-AutoAqua Smart ATO
-Trigger Systems 10 Gallon ATO Resevoir
-Vortech MP10wQD x2
-Vortech Battery Backup
-Tunze 1073.04
-AquaMaxx FR-S Media Reactors

For the lighting i'm inbetween an AI Hydra 52 or a Radion XR30w Pro. Leaning towards the Radion if i'll be using the Reef Link.

Thinking 45-50 lbs of special grade reef sand. For the scape i'm going to use 20lbs of CaribSea South Seas Aquascaping Base Rock and 25 lbs of AquaMaxx Tonga Branch Dry Rock.

Now my only concerns with the equipment are if the lighting, skimmer and Vortechs are going to be too much on the tank.

Everything will be purchased at the end of the month (Thank you NYC for my retro) and most likely set up in the middle of June when I get back from the Dominican Republic. Any thoughts and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys and girls

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
both lights are more then you need, i have a hydra 26 on my 45g cube and only run on about 1/3 of the power and at 8" above water i get full coverage. i use 2 mp10's for my flow as well. skimmer will more then likely to a little too much { hard to find a decent skimmer for this size tank but if you have a sump and the space the bubblemagnus 3 cone would be a good choice

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
No not far at all. It's an AIO so I have limited options when it comes to skimmers. I want to go a little heavy on the bio load in terms of fish so that's why I was thinking of going a little heavy with the skimmer. The light I'll just go for the XR15w Pro if it's going to be too much

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
i dont even run a skimmer anymore in my system, been off for 4 or 5 months now but it has been running for several years. i have a custom built marineland 45g cube that i made into a aio. the chamber where overflow is has a 2" sandbed and is fill with rubble rock. what do yuo consider heavy stocked with fish ? and what types ? and i think i have maybe 20-25 lb of sand in my tank

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: