reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
So with my new tank upgrade i figured i would try to use the toms aqualifter as an ato pump for my JBJ system. Turns out it is not compatible with the JBJ auto top off. apparently the JBJ auto top off has a built in safety mechanism or something that doesnt allow the pump to run for longer than a few min before it shuts the pump down and locks down the unit.

I tried contacting JBJ to figure out what was going on, and if there was a solution, and the only response was that I should get a larger pump.

I have never seen an warnings in the JBJ ATO product descriptions about not using a low gph pump.

Clink51

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
i have the same thing and it is a safety feature to keep the pump from running dry. It honestly should never get stopped unless it got clogged. what i do is flip the switch on the right side of the thing and its back and running

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
yeah i know the switch turns it back on, but that defeats the purpose if im away for a few days.

So i just found a resource online which showed how to increase the time interval for the automatic shut off.

you can unscrew the 4 screws in the back of the unit, then on the top of the circuit board, there should be a blue box with a white knob in it. you can adjust it with a phillips screw driver. One of the 4 points has an arrow on it, and you can see written on the circuit board 3 min, 5 min, 7 min. Mine was all the way toward the 3 min side (clockwise), so i screwed it all the way to the 7 min side (counter clockwise).

Also while i was in there i noticed a switch that said it was off, then i noticed it says buzzer on it. I didnt turn it to on, but i wonder what that does.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: