SteveZz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
So I bought this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KB86J9G/?tag=reefs04-20 8 months ago and it’s been pumping just fine. Today I decided I wanted to increase the amount I was dosing only to realize that the up arrow doesn’t do anything. I was just wondering if anyone had the same experience with this item. It looks like I’ll have to buy some other dosing pump at some point so this post is also to ask for some input on something a bit more reliable.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

editour2

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I have a Pacific Sun Kore 5 doser and although it has been reliable you still need to take precautions regarding calibration and never fully trusting this or any equipment. I've had 2 occasions where the doser inadvertently dosed the entire container. Once was vinegar with no adverse effects. The other time was trace elements....which killed 4 of my Tangs, (luckily not the rest of my fish or any of my coral). I had an issue with that one doser, [it has 5 dosers], regarding a clogged check valve. When I resolved that issue I failed to recalibrate and that supposedly caused the issue. I never keep the dosing containers full anymore. Point is automation is good but built in fail safes are better.

SteveZz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I have a Pacific Sun Kore 5 doser and although it has been reliable you still need to take precautions regarding calibration and never fully trusting this or any equipment. I've had 2 occasions where the doser inadvertently dosed the entire container. Once was vinegar with no adverse effects. The other time was trace elements....which killed 4 of my Tangs, (luckily not the rest of my fish or any of my coral). I had an issue with that one doser, [it has 5 dosers], regarding a clogged check valve. When I resolved that issue I failed to recalibrate and that supposedly caused the issue. I never keep the dosing containers full anymore. Point is automation is good but built in fail safes are better.

Jeez that’s scary. I like to think once calibrated that wouldn’t happen but electronics are electronics after all. As for my dosing pump I decided to open it up since the warranty was expired and after moving the button around a bit and scratching at the connections for that button with a screwdriver the button started working again. Your note about keeping the containers less full seems smart I had been using full containers but I guess I’ve been luckily that I didn’t dump everything in at once.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: