GQ22

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I got one the TDS meters from the frag swap group buy (great buy, thanks Brett) and it has the ability to measure the in and out of the water going into your RO.

The difference between the unfiltered and end product was 172 tds versus 004. That is incredible. You can actually taste the nastiness when you leave new york and drink jersey tap water.

PalmTree

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Holy CRAP!! :bigeyes::bigeyes::shocked::shocked: 172 is off the charts!! I think mine in Queens is somewehere along the lines of 24 or 26. Gally you have to move back to the city limits!!

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Holy CRAP!! :bigeyes::bigeyes::shocked::shocked: 172 is off the charts!! I think mine in Queens is somewehere along the lines of 24 or 26. Gally you have to move back to the city limits!!

172 is actually pretty good for tap water. Tap water in other parts can get into the 300-400 range and still be well within regulations.

and I believe Jersey City Water comes from the same place NYC water comes from.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
172 is actually pretty good for tap water. Tap water in other parts can get into the 300-400 range and still be well within regulations.

and I believe Jersey City Water comes from the same place NYC water comes from.

Wes I agree - I remember once reading when i first started reefing someone in Arizona had over 400

My water in Ossining at the old house was 210
:bigeyes:

House

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: