Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Love the colors on those corals! I especially love the red planet.. The frag I had gotten from John a month or so before hurricane Sandy was doing beautifully.
I'm sorry you had to find out the hard way about those creepy coral banded shrimps. I learned the hard way to when I first started in the saltwater world. Meanest little buggers they are.
The fish room looks so darn tidy.. You can never come to my house.lol

jf2381

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Love the colors on those corals! I especially love the red planet.. The frag I had gotten from John a month or so before hurricane Sandy was doing beautifully.
I'm sorry you had to find out the hard way about those creepy coral banded shrimps. I learned the hard way to when I first started in the saltwater world. Meanest little buggers they are.
The fish room looks so darn tidy.. You can never come to my house.lol

Hi Awi..
The room was only tidy for the picture.. :)
It's mostly in a state of chaos.

I learned my lesson...It only took my Royal gramma trio and a barlett anthia and I have my fingers crossed that my lineatus recovers from the injury..

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
My house stopped being nice, and tidy a few years back when I had the cancer.;) After that I realized that there was so much more to life then cleaning behind a bunch of men.lol
It is even worse now. I haven't been able to get the place together since Sandy.

Yeah, I can't stand that shrimp. It will never ever find a home in my tanks.;)

jf2381

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Tank looks great. Sorry to hear about your fish, though.

Do you have any tips or tricks for those trying to get excellent coloration out of their SPS?

I follow what my friend Steve (PnoyReefer aka Reeferpnoy) told me. "Key to SPS is lots of Fish and heavy skimming."

That's all I do. I am going to try the brightwell low nutrient system, but don't know if I will stick with it. My sticks have nice colors and I haven't had to do anything special.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: