piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I just wanted to let you know. I heard a CT store is having a spring sale 30%-50% in Greenwich. I know some will say they prices are high. But you can find something different at a reasonable price with this sale. Starts this Friday -Sunday. I just wanted to share.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Max reef will always be the best place ever. But that place is gone and new name Aquarium Tropical doesn't come close to old Max. With the sale they are much closer in price. So for hobbies it's a nice place to visit and opportunity to get something you might not find.

Rating - 98.6%
73   1   0
Max reef will always be the best place ever. But that place is gone and new name Aquarium Tropical doesn't come close to old Max. With the sale they are much closer in price. So for hobbies it's a nice place to visit and opportunity to get something you might not find.

+1 'Max Reef' doesn't even exist anymore. And only 'Hot Reef' (which is only 2 tanks) is a registered vendor on here. :givebeer:

ReefDiver

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Different ends of the market at the two stores. Max reef definitely had the best deals, but truthfully, I've gotten some very reasonably priced Aquaria (zoas and a large monti cap) at the unnamed Greenwich store.

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
The prices at "Aquarium Tropical Fish" are easily double what they were at Max Reef, but Max Reef was selling at below wholesale, so I am not complaining. (If they can't make money they won't be around for long!)

Nelson seems to be a pretty nice guy and the guys he has working the floor seem to know their stuff- more than the average aquarium shops.

BUT- I don't want to knock any other stores. There is enough business to support several local places and I really think it is good for the hobby overall to have healthy competition.

Alfred

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Wtf is happening?! Im so confused by all this secrecy and codes. Im gonna eat my lucky charms and hope my decipher key toy is at the bottom.

lol. You're confused? I go there several times a week and I'm even more confused. :confused:
There are plenty of LFS around to allow for competitive pricing. And sales are always great opportunity to find deals.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I just stop by Greenwich since it's the closest LFS near me. With the spring sale they had $15 frags $25 and $35. I picked up a fairy Wrasse too. Picked up few more stick which I have no more room in DT. They had a checker wrasse which looked awesome. The prices for the wrasses that I saw were very reasonable. Well worth stopping by.

Smotz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
The prices at "Aquarium Tropical Fish" are easily double what they were at Max Reef, but Max Reef was selling at below wholesale, so I am not complaining. (If they can't make money they won't be around for long!)

Nelson seems to be a pretty nice guy and the guys he has working the floor seem to know their stuff- more than the average aquarium shops.

BUT- I don't want to knock any other stores. There is enough business to support several local places and I really think it is good for the hobby overall to have healthy competition.

Alfred
Agreed

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0

While the prices have increased, I do not think they are double... But more importantly, they are still below most (if not all) LFSs in this area...

and since they BUY at wholesale, what makes you think that they were 'selling at below wholesale'?

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
They used to trans ship. MUCH cheaper than wholesale.

Their prices are lower than most. As I wrote, I am not complaining, I understand that a business needs to make money in order to stick around.

I plan on heading back there this week to pick up another box of natural salt water and a trio of clowns.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: