jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I just picked up a RO/DI.. I have a few questions in someone could help me answer. First I need to pick up a TDS meter. Which one do you recommend? Second, I hear that it is recommended to add a flush kit to RO. What exactly is this. What us the purpose of it. And last I heard that u have to leave the membrane and di always wet. Is that true.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Congrats on the RO/DI unit!

I recommend the dual TDS inline meter- russ at saltwatercritters has them also if you go to www.thefilterguys.biz they hve them- I have their RO/DI unit and it came with one. The dual you put in line between the last RO unit and the DI youll see the amount of TDS coming out of the unit and then youll also hook up the out one after the DI housing and before your container this way youll see what they are coming out of the DI resin to your container.

A flush kit reroutes the water to loop through the RO unit to stir up and flush out any clogging type sediments that have settled on the membranes and will clean out the unit. Supposed to do it monthly I believe.

Also you dont drain the unit between uses anyway so there will always be water in the DI housing

Enjoy your unit

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: