motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
im thinking of using a kalk stirrer, specifically one from 2 little fishies, seems really good for the money. im confused abt how it hooks up.. i understand that it runs off of your ATO, theyre saying u use a pump for the ato...

i have an ato on my system, i dont use any pumps.. its on a float switch to a solenoid that then allows the water to flow right from my ro/di

am i missing something or have i been doing the ATO wrong the whole time.. can someone explain to me how i should hook it up and how my ato should be..

thanks

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
The way the TLF KW300 works is a pump (200-300gph) in your ATO reservoir, when the pump is triggered via your float switch, water is pumped from the reservoir into the KW300. Water will traverse through a rigid tube inside the KW300 reactor and come out of this "sprinkler head" that gives it's force to spin and mix the kalk up.

I had one for about a month, did not like it at all. Bought an DIY Avast Marine stirrer with a motor to stir and haven't looked back.

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
So your RODI is directly feeding the sump? If that's the case, the KW300 won't work as it needs 200-300gph to turn the sprinkler head to mix the kalk. Look into a kalk mixer with a motor, so it's a continuous mix and not rely on anything external.

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
If you don't mind, may I offer my 2 cents with kalk stirrers and automation?

I don't recommend automating kalk dosing without a controller that can control "maximum on time" to prevent dumping a large amount of kalk should a float switch fails. In your situation, what's to prevent the solenoid getting stuck on open and it continuously dumping into your sump?

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
I have the tlf kalk reactor and the check valve they supplied kept failing on me. It filled my reservoir with kalk. After that I just ran kalk in my reservoir since that is what the kalk reactor had me do anyway. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: