NewfiDog

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to get the 150 last year but they were sold out i waited 2 months. Never got them. A LFS by me just got the 150 it is nice, seems fairly brite for only 35 watts, runs cool. You would need at least 3 150 and i think 2 350, but i would wait for the 350 it has better par for the depth of your tank, and you can adjust the color on the 350 with a white and blue dimmer, theres no adjustment on the 150. The only downside to them is you cant do some dusk and dawn you would need another strip.

Im waiting for him to get the 350 then i will decide if i want to switch i have a reefbrite strip i can use for dusk and dawn. At the moment i think im going to get 2 of them.

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
Just finished putting these up on my tank in time for the lights to come up. The photos show 4 lights over the tank, My tank dimension is 61-1/2" X 19-1/2" X 15" high. Last photo is with just one on to test for coverage.

Initial PAR #s with lights 6" above water:

Right at surface: ~400 - 425
middle of tank: ~300
On the bottom of tank: ~90-100

If the tank is 15" Tall than these numbers are very umimpressive to say the least. I understand the units are only 35W each but I see these as Nano lights. With those numbers your looking at about 20-30 PAR on the sand bed in a 24" deep tank...And thse are the narrow units

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
Bobby why are you throwing crap all over their hopes and dreams.. :mad:

Ron who's throwing crap? I didn't post the numbers just going by what I read. And based on that initial post those numbers were not impressive for a fixture costing $300+ dollars. The OP has a 90 gallon tank and asked about coverage. I would hate to see him spend $1000 on lights and find out they don't provide the light needed for his setup. I like the design and the idea and have been looking at A LOT of different LED options for my 120. Sorry my honesty and questioning bothers some people.....:banghead::rolleyes:

NewfiDog

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 350 is suppose to do a 24*24 the 150 you would need 3-4 but like strgazr mentions it doesont have good par at that depth, kessil i beleive only recommends the 150 up to 12 inches the 350 which is 90 watt they claim is for tanks 24+ inches but they just came out a few days ago so i havent seen any kind of par readings.

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
From testing NeptuneAquatics did. Not bad numbers but you'll obviously have fall off on the perimeter..

The A350 comes with a 31-degree (62-degrees edge to edge) reflector and delivers a stream of intense focused light that can penetrate to the very bottom of a deep tank. This model is recommended for users with tanks deeper than 24? or for reefers who have corals with high intensity lighting requirements.

A350 PAR VALUES WITH LIGHT 6" ABOVE THE WATER AND MEASURED FROM LIGHT TO SENSOR:

12" from light to sensor: 475 (sensor 6" below water line)
18" from light to sensor: 250 (sensor 12" below water line)
24" from light to sensor: 225 (sensor 18" below water line)

That 225 is 18" deep. I'd imagine it would be around 150-175 at 24" below the water line...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: