schroom

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I caught what I think is a latern sea bass (Serranus baldwini) in Florida a couple of weaks ago. My first question is does anyone have one and how does it do in your reef. I am trying to decide whether to keep it or trade it in to my local lfs. He is only a juvenial and I have had him for two weeks and is eating great! He is a pig!! I originally caught him to be traded in, but he is kinda neet to watch. Maybe I will keep him!
icon_smile.gif

JRoweNole

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Lantern Bass was one of the first fish I purchased for my new reef tank about one year ago. I thought this was a fish who kinda had the personality of a grouper, but was reef safe - wrong! This fish ate 2 cleaner shrimp although he left one cleaner shrimp alone (even allowed this shrimp to clean the inside of his mouth!). I finally knew I had to get rid of him after he constantly created tension with the other fish in my tank and terrorized my new jawfish to the brink of death (fortunately I saved the jawfish and he is now thriving).

I would only keep one of these fish if it was in a fish only tank with more aggressive fish.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: