annanymous

Female Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hey everyone,
i cant seem to figure this LED stuff out. i want to change my light and i dont know what to get, LED or T5 but i rather get what ever will make coral really grow.
My tank is 75g. 48 inch wide 20 inch deep 18 inch deep

bump for a good question.
I have same set up planned out and was originally thinking of going only with LEDs but after reading a lot on MR and RC Im considering a few t5s in addition to LEDs to add better coloration and growth rates to the SPS. Still not 100% sure and just as confused as you are! :banghead:

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Guys, there is a lot of information on this exact topic if you use the search function. In fact, if you google it you will find an almost endless supply of debates on which light grows/colors corals better.... the truth is they both work so figure out what you can afford and go with it. Good luck.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Stop listening to LED haters. LED grows corals just as well if not better then t5 and color is just as good. Dont know about the DIY LED dont have any expierence with them. I love my AI fixture and my SPS grew very fast. Had T5 and wasnt really impressed by them but Halides with t5 supplement still MAY be the best but havent had one of those since the polio vaccine was invented :)

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Stop listening to LED haters. LED grows corals just as well if not better then t5 and color is just as good. Dont know about the DIY LED dont have any expierence with them. I love my AI fixture and my SPS grew very fast. Had T5 and wasnt really impressed by them but Halides with t5 supplement still MAY be the best but havent had one of those since the polio vaccine was invented :)

+1. I had the AI Vegas and was very impressed with them, not so much with the wireless controller.

cono

Rating - 94.1%
32   2   0
Take a look at Fathom led
I have them setup on my 180
REALLY LIKE THEM
The best decision I ever made
Also check out what class of tanks that made the same choice .....
Also in work in williamsburg if you would like I can show u pics if you stop by

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Reefs

greg 45

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Here is a simple suggestion , ask around and see what people are running and the condition of there tank . Go to stores and peoples home if they let you to look at there set ups and there lighting.
I have also run many different light se ups.
I also have switched to Fathom LEDS
look at post new client
hope this information helps
Greg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: