cathym1078

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I just installed 2 strips of LED lights on my red sea max 250. I used a double sided tape to attach it to the light cover. I'm worried that the t5 light bulbs get too hot and may melt the led lights or the double sided tapes used. I'm afraid of it catching fire (if that's even possible). Here's the photo. Let me know what you guys think.

DSC_0738.jpg

This is the double sided tape used.

DSC_0740.jpg

How the lights look inside the tank light covers.

DSC_0797.jpg

emmanuel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I have mine on a metal halide 150w fixture with no problems but i used contact cement.
I dont know how hot your fixture gets but if you can keep your hand on it when hot it should be fine as long as the double sided tape is a good one like 3m .The worst that can happen is the led's will fall off when if the tape gets too hot , you can test it when the light has been on for a few hours give the led's a light tug to see if the tape gets loose when warm.

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
cathy just in case, You can also use velcro like before. I really don't think that the T5's get that hot. Also looks like you put them inside the light cover, so even if they fall off they won't get wet. That should look awesome.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: