JohnM

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have just recently set up a 54 corner Reef tank. I was using a T5 setup (2x T5 and 1x MH) but the MH kept running for about 30 mins then shutting off (I think overheating). So I switch to a spare T5 (4x T5) and then I touch the top of the light one day when my hand was wet and got shocked, it is also doing the same thing the other light was (shutting the day lights off every so often). I think it could be a bad timer and I'm testing that today.

With all this I think it's just time for an upgrade in lights for that tank and I want LEDs just not 100% sure which lights.

I'm looking at the ACAN 600-18B series but not sure how they are exactly and how other brands are.

Thank you for reading and please give me your input on lights / the problem I am having with my current lights.

JohnM

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Price range isn't too bad, since it's only a 54 Corner it wont cost too much. I was looking like up to $600 most.

As it goes for corals in the tank, I am basically just starting with them and not 100% of which coral is which to be honest haha.

These are what I know I have in my tank currently
-2x Baby Banded Sharks (Temporally there due to redoing large tank)
-1x Large Gold Bar Maroon Clown
-1x ?6" Maxis Clam
-1x 3 head hammer coral
-1x pink and gold sunflower coral (I think)
-1x small "birds nest" frag coral
-2x fragged Zoas
-1x Mat Polyps

Then a few others I'm not sure what they are

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: