Rating - 100%
87   0   0
weico

you can do a frag tank a couple of ways..

1. drill and plumb the tank into your main or a sump.

2. use a HOB [hang on back] filter

3. buy an AIO [all in one] frag tank.

The two i have are AIO and there pretty much the easiest way to go. They have a false wall in the rear and can support a heater a return pump and a skimmer/and or fuge if needed.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Frag tank

I just set it up this week. it is all plumbed to my main with the return coming off my manifold. Going too need another light because i told have enough spread with my PAR 38. So no other electricity being used except the light :)

Attachments

• frag tank.JPG
    frag tank.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 176
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Can I use the fluvel c4 filter? It is hob and has 5 stages of filtration rated for 50-70 gallons. It's on sale for $35.00 from a Lfs. I have a 20 gallon or 30 tank I can use. For lighting I have a deep blue 4 bulb t5 fixture I can use. I was going to line the bottom with egg crate and throw about 20lbs of sand. Throw in a shelving unit made of egg crate to hold the frags. I have xenia, green pocciliopora, purple asterospicularia coral, Green clove coral, red Monti, purple haze Monti all awaiting there new home. What do you guys think?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: