yah-the submariner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I must start off by saying how proud and amazed i am to be a member of this site. Proud of the people on ere and what they've been doing in the wake of Sandy.People were in need of a certain level of normalcy and leadership in these hard times and it was provided here. From tips on how to keep tanks running to what gas stations still had gas to weather updates.people reached out and helped sometimes at the expense of sleep,personal time and at times,time with family. But there is another family-this one.The one where not just a common passion is shared but a common appreciation of life and well being of others as a whole.
Many times i've seen tank crashes and disasters and individual members step up time and again,but when the planet itself has a tank crisis and disaster-it takes something more.It takes a community.If never before now is the time where if you are a member of this site you stop look around and realize it's not just you,all you'd have to do is ask and there would be a neighbor by your side. Not necessarily a geographical neighbor but one of spirit. Being exemplary is not easy which is why not everyone can do it.It's in a Crisis when the exceptional shine and right now Manhattan Reefs is an illuminating institution. It's when you see people who have no real incentive to help go OUT OF THEIR WAY to help that you realize you're apart of something great. I watch on T.v. as the right and left and center come together.Democrat,republican and tea party in unison to rebuild,so too do i watch LEDS,T5's and MH's come together to help and rebuild. Nano's helping 300's,FOWLERS helping Reefs.Those who lost will be able to rebuild because of this site and those who need to step away know it was not because of lack of support and should they chose to return there is a place for them.they will be treated as they never left,i've seen it before.
I never questioned if people would step up because i've had trivial issues in the past with my tank and there was always someone to help.But the overwhelming support really made me turn to my wife and say "you see? this is why i'm here.This is why my time,money and energy spent on this site is relevant". LOL
I'm proud of this site/community and it's memebers and plan to be in it for the long haul. I've exhausted my "Swap buy stash" helping out with relief but i had no loses in the hurricane and will still prob attend to meet/greet/hang out. Keep being yourselves and Pat yourselves on the back Members,Admins and creators of the site.remember THIS IS WHY WE DO WHAT WE DO.
Fellow Reefer Yahya aka Yah

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Totally agree, MR...

mobile%20content%20that%20rocks.png

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: