194   0   0
DaRealDvs1 said:
(2) 4" PFO fans - gutted from PFO hood - $10 for both

I also have a brand new 4" Radio Shack fan - $5

puzzled.gif

leoskee

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Im not worried about hooking them up. I have two already running on a 12dv converter. Its strong enough to run several fans. I just want to make sure they are compatible.

You did not tell me where you are located. I am going into the city tomorrow and am available if you are not too far. I might even take the third fan. LMK.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
DaRealDvs1 said:
I pretty sure you can hard wire it directly or use a 12v DC.
I think on the PFO hood, it's wired directly.

Phil, those are two different kinds of currents. It won't work if wired to AC if it calls for DC (you'll fry it). If it calls for AC and you use DC, there won't be enough juice to run it. Got that....lol. I confused myself on that one. :smash:

master

leoskee

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Thats why I was asking him. Im pretty sure that they are DC current (I called it DV) like most of the fans I have seen. I just want to make sure.

DevIouS

- Untitled -
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
masterswimmer said:
Phil, those are two different kinds of currents. It won't work if wired to AC if it calls for DC (you'll fry it). If it calls for AC and you use DC, there won't be enough juice to run it. Got that....lol. I confused myself on that one. :smash:

master

That sounds about right.....:eek:
What do I know..:duh:

Pseudo said:
Those are A/C fans on te PFO hood Phil. They run on 120v.

Kasei

There you go~
From the man I got it from:D

leoskee

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Holely mother of christ! I did not bother to take a look at the location of Darealdvs1. What should I do now???:fight2:

:smash: Had I known where to look I would have figured it out. I grew up in
"Da Bronx".:afro:

Thanks for the info. I will save some time next time.

As far as the fans are concerned, if they are not the right current I cannot use them. Are you sure that they are not dc? What about the RS fan?

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
leoskee said:
Holely mother of christ! I did not bother to take a look at the location of Darealdvs1. What should I do now???:fight2:

:smash: Had I known where to look I would have figured it out. I grew up in
"Da Bronx".:afro:

Thanks for the info. I will save some time next time.

As far as the fans are concerned, if they are not the right current I cannot use them. Are you sure that they are not dc? What about the RS fan?

Congrats to number 4 !!!!!!!

leoskee

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Im not sure what you mean but I hope that you did not take it in offense. Im new to the site and have to learn how to navigate the system. Hopefully I can do it quickly enough to keep up with everyone else.:bunnies:

:backtotop

Thanks for the info on the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: