Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Hi, all,
Just started browsing ebay for LPS and see plenty of good stuff in the torches, hammers and frogspawns.
Well, when I say good, they all look good, rose gold or peach hammers, teal frogspawn, orange hammers, but somehow I feel these "colors" are somewhat exaggerated. Rose gold or orange to me sounds like shades of brown under white lighting. Teal is just another word for blue-green with a some white.
Thoughts? its it worth wide browsing ebay, trying to find a bargain versus a reputable online vendor with named corals? These are all WYSIWYG, likely wild.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
So anyone want to guess what this Rose Gold LPS looks like under white light? blue, tan?
roseGold.jpg

Reactions: BYU

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
I wish I could find some pics of the hammers I use to have before the tank crash.i had an aussie ultra orange hammer that glow in the bag under the sun.i had the rose gold hammer that looked like it was dipped in metallic gold paint.it all depends on where or who you are buying from.and FYI I paid $350 for a single head of my orange hammer that was smaller than a golf ball.i use to sell for $75.i wish I knew atleast one person that still has it cause I'd pay the same price I did for one head

Branespikin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
I wish I could find some pics of the hammers I use to have before the tank crash.i had an aussie ultra orange hammer that glow in the bag under the sun.i had the rose gold hammer that looked like it was dipped in metallic gold paint.it all depends on where or who you are buying from.and FYI I paid $350 for a single head of my orange hammer that was smaller than a golf ball.i use to sell for $75.i wish I knew atleast one person that still has it cause I'd pay the same price I did for one head

Yeah you had awesome ones. I got both from you. Unfortunately my tank crashed aswell. I got this from you
f58fd59361f7705fdde94e1dfdc13efa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Received the elusive Rose Gold Octospawn... hmm
I'll let you guys decide if it was worth the $150 plus $45 shipping.
Not sure if I see any hit of Rose (pink) or gold, can't even say its an octospawn, more frogspawn. I think I could have gotten this locally for $40 to $50. bah I wonder how the online photo has a dark background.
rose gold octospawn.jpg
rose gold octospawn2.jpg

Last edited:

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Can’t see the pic, but I never heard of at rose Octo. Doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist, but It’s probably the peach which I have. I also have the green and just recently got a gold, which looks more like light green depending on the lighting. Yours most likely is a splatter Octo with the combination of the peach and gold. $195 is a little expensive for it although not often seen here locally. Octos don’t demand the prices like the torches are getting now. If you can correct the pics I would like to see it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Can’t see the pic, but I never heard of at rose Octo. Doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist, but It’s probably the peach which I have. I also have the green and just recently got a gold, which looks more like light green depending on the lighting. Yours most likely is a splatter Octo with the combination of the peach and gold. $195 is a little expensive for it although not often seen here locally. Octos don’t demand the prices like the torches are getting now. If you can correct the pics I would like to see it.

Mike, the online photo is in the third post above, 5/11. I've added 2 thumb nails of what I received 2 days ago, hmm, let me move it from thumb nail to full size. Needless to say, I'm rather disappointed in what I got, unless I try using just the 450 and the 410 nm lighting. heh

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Yea it looks like the Peach..not a splatter either. Still a beautiful piece. Mine looks very similar. Here it is under daylights. It’s darker like the online pic under blues..
e6c85185f30f2b1a7e882849ddd6f50e.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: