nymedic

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im converting my fish only tank to a reef tank. The first step in the process is the lighting. I am able to get a 440 watt set up from hello lights.com with the bulbs for $259.00 THE system comes with a 3 year warranty and a price gaurantee. I have a 90 gal tank so i know the wattage will be fine. But is vho the way to go on a fixed buget and has any one delt with hello lights .com :?:

AF Founder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nymedic":3lqh0mj6 said:
Im converting my fish only tank to a reef tank. The first step in the process is the lighting. I am able to get a 440 watt set up from hello lights.com with the bulbs for $259.00 THE system comes with a 3 year warranty and a price gaurantee. I have a 90 gal tank so i know the wattage will be fine. But is vho the way to go on a fixed buget and has any one delt with hello lights .com :?:

The lighting sounds fine, but be sure to have plenty of snails and crabs in the tank when you turn on the new lights; if you don't you probably will have a nuisance algae problem. Do you have live rock and or sand?

nymedic

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks fo r the info. I do have about 80 lbs of live rock. the tank has been up and running for 8 mos. It has some fish , horseshoe crabs, sea cucumber, and some pepermint shrimp. I have some brown and green algae but nothing out of hand. Is that lighting powerful enough for all types of coral including clams? i appreciate your help im a real newbie to this. I just want to do it right the first time. :)

AF Founder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nymedic":3vnoszsl said:
thanks fo r the info. I do have about 80 lbs of live rock. the tank has been up and running for 8 mos. It has some fish , horseshoe crabs, sea cucumber, and some pepermint shrimp. I have some brown and green algae but nothing out of hand. Is that lighting powerful enough for all types of coral including clams? i appreciate your help im a real newbie to this. I just want to do it right the first time. :)

Photosynthetic corals are more adaptible to lighting conditions then many think. Photo period also plays a significant role. In your case go with 12 hours, and put the SPS corals higher and directly under the lights.

nymedic

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
terry thank you so much for your help .i hope you dont mind me picking your brain im sure this wont be the last time

Mal

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have purchased two retrofit kits from hellolights in the last 3 months. They are a great company to deal with, and possibly the best customer service and policies that I may have ever experienced. One of my retrofit kits had one of the balasts and pc bulbs go out. They replaced it right away at their cost.

Two months later, I had a PC bulb go out. They sent me a new one for $4 shipping only. Is that service or what?

I would recommend them to anyone. I was very pleased. Not only are their prices the best, but they give great service and they stand behind what they sell.

Mal

you can email me at [email protected]

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: