rsinanan415

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
null-44.jpg

Had a get together over the weekend with some friends and my wife's friend brought her boyfriend and he started talking about his old tanks and why he's not into reefs anymore then he pointed to my nano and said the lights were too bright for my corals and I shouldn't have it on for 7 hours, I don't think so but will like to set the guy straight if he was wrong lol. So was he right? Or was he talking up a show?

Last edited:

rsinanan415

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
You can see the difference, apparently that is supposed to be a rbta, it used to bubble tip now I can't remember the last time I saw it happen

rsinanan415

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I really doubt it's still under warranty. But I'm gonna take on that project today. Which rows did you take out? Beautiful tank by the way !!

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
There are 5 rows. I disconnect 2 and 4. U can see in my pic the reflection on tank. All u have to do is disconnect the strips from the board. You can try it out for a few weeks. If you think u want it back on you can just plug back in. I actually ripped mine completely out. I'm going o post a pic of the replacement screws you need for the hood. They are stainless steel

rsinanan415

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Anything else you think I should be doing? I'm picking up my jbj ato sometime soon, and upgrading my returns to the maxi jet 1200s. Did you upgrade your returns?

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Wow those screws are bad!! Good luck. Hopefully u can get them out. I upgraded my pumps to maxi 900. I leave them both on at the same time. Perfect flow. I had the 1200 but I felt like they were too strong. I had a mp10 as well but I got rid of it. Scared the one day my rbta would move and go right into it.
Also once you get those screw out. Clean out those fans good. They get full of dust

rsinanan415

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Yea the only thing I think I can do is drill them out but then there's no screwing them back in. So I guess ill just do two maxi 900s cause your tank seems to be flawless.

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
I had the maxi jet 1200's with the jbj ocean pulse duo and loved how the current changed.wish I never got rid of it.i had the same problem...with the rusty corroded screws,what ends up happening is water will end up getting inside due to the screws going into plastic that ends up getting stripped

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: