DEADFISH1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok I'm thinking about converting my 7 gal. freshy into a nano reef, and no I'm not leaving my freshy's in there. I'm thinking about using the CSL Smartlight Retrofit PC for light, it has that 50/50 daylight/actinic in one.
question is would the 32 watt be enough for anything or should I go with the 55 watt?

mgamelin

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deadfish
Check out AH Supply They sell retro kits for nano tanks. They also have detailed instructions on how to modify hoods to accomodate there kits. eclips,ect.
Good luck Marc
icon_smile.gif

JeremyR

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know a few people running the 32w smartlite retro in a 7 gallon mini-bow, it works pretty well, it does fit in that little strip light they come with.

DEADFISH1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder how bad the heat would be with the 32", it might look kind of ugly if I had to put a kent float valve and a 5 gal. jug for top off.
icon_eek.gif

DEADFISH1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DEADFISH:
<STRONG>I wonder how bad the heat would be with the 32", it might look kind of ugly if I had to put a kent float valve and a 5 gal. jug for top off.
icon_eek.gif
</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

32 watt I mean..

spectral_ranger

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a AH Supply 2x32W retro mounted in one of their hoods for my 10g nano (fit it perfectly). When the seals went on that (I abused it prior to nano use) I switched to a 7gal bow and suspend my light box over it. The light box is an inch or two longer than the tank, no big deal. The color is nice (one 6700K, one actinic), and bright enough for many things. My derasa is quite happy in there, and growing quickly.

Chris

DEADFISH1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great looking tank playfair, is that a 12v computer fan on the side of your light housing?
as far as I can tell it looks like the ones a Radio Shack, great idea.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: