Reef Reaper

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
256   0   0
I been feeding DT Live Marine Phytoplankton or Reef Nutrition PhytoFeast live or even Reef Nutrition Oyster Feast to all my tanks! Since the economy started turning downwards, the income has not been great. Is Two Little Fishes ZoPlan or PhytoPlan , a suitable replacement? I just curious on what everyone else is doing? Does everyone out there even use these products?

greggnyce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I dont eat it. lol. It is ok, I mix freeze dried cyclopeeze and the reef chili together. I do not feed the corals that often though. I am using it for the first time also. The thing I do not like about live phyto is that the bottles are so large. It goes bad before I use it all. The reed mariculture sells small bottles but htey cost just as much as the large bottle of DT. I am thinking about using some of the aformentioned products and mixing them.

GreshamH

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont eat it. lol. It is ok, I mix freeze dried cyclopeeze and the reef chili together. I do not feed the corals that often though. I am using it for the first time also. The thing I do not like about live phyto is that the bottles are so large. It goes bad before I use it all. The reed mariculture sells small bottles but htey cost just as much as the large bottle of DT. I am thinking about using some of the aformentioned products and mixing them.

The small bottle of Phyto-Feast Live has roughly the same cell count as the DT's bottle twice as large. It's about 2 - 3x more concentrated.

Phyto makes a poor over all coral feed as very few corals directly consume phyto or even have the ability to. It's great for feeding those animals that do eat it and even better for the micro fauna in our tanks, especially the "pods" :) If you want to boost your "pod" population there is nothing better then phyto to do that (and they make a great natural source of food for corals and such).

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: