• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

jrodzen

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey all

I am in the planning stages of setting up a 100 - 120gal reef tank and am trying to find a good local source of live rock at a reasonable price. Currently I am well within driving distance of most East Bay locations and am looking for some good sources. I checked out one place in Sacto but was not impressed with their rock selection.

Thanks!
Jeff

reefer on a budget

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'd go check out aquatic-reflections.com which is located out of dublin. the owner robert operates out of his garage but probably has the best live stock(mostly sps) in the bay area. last time i was there he had a tank of live rock curing
anyhow call him at 925829-1200

Liu01GT

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have you tried lucky goldfish store at 8th and broadway in oakland ?
the guy who works there has some pretty reasonable prices.

PALEUNG

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Connie Tropical at Foothill, Oakland has some nice light weight Fiji type for $3/lb.
If you don't see what you like, Chris can special order for you, and he can match any prices of any LFS.

Tom44

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've checked all those places plus Aquarium Concepts. If you can trust someone to pick out great rock for you then contact Jason at Premium Aquatics. He hand picked 80lbs of exta large pieces for 2.59lb. I got no rubble. Nothing smaller than 12" across. Nothing that was round. Everything had good to awesome color. It is raw so you will have to cure, but that means extra life as well. $35 to fly it to Oakland Airport. Tax would have been half of that anyway. This is Fiji BTW. If you want exotic and light stuff Aquarium Concepts has been bringing in Namoli. $4.50lb in an unopened box of 65lbs., but it takes up the volume of 80lbs of fiji. I bought a box 3 weeks ago. Awesome shapes with cool colors. Several Stony corals survived the cycle. Jason is still the best deal/quality going. One last place to check is Superpet Warehouse in Concord. I think if you buy more than $20lbs the price goes to $3lb, Doesn't have a lot of it though. Might be worth checking out if the owner will do a deal with you to transship some in for you. Closed boxes are the cheapest way to go. What's nice about Jason is he'll pick out the best for you and still give you a great price.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: