anyone know if this is safe?

looking to fix some rock

d628_1.JPG

littlebuck70

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I want to say no.

There is a stuff that target sells its mighty putty it works great and set up time is pretty quick.

Plus you can get 3 tubes for 9.99

aaron23

!THE ULTIMATE REEFER!
Rating - 98.3%
234   4   0
use aquamend from home depot (green packaging) i use that stuff all the time - it has never caused any problems with my SPS dominant aquarium.
It comes in a tube of 2 part epoxy that you have to rub together. i guess it would work okay for your application but would take a little while to hold

QUESTIONMARC

www.Questionmarc.com
Rating - 100%
376   0   0
Aqua mend is great! lol.. i dont think that EPOXY is too safe to use in a established aquarium?? .. the LOCTITE SUPER GLUE GEL the 10g. they sell it in home depot ifind is the NEXT best glue to IC Gel. AND BELIEVE ME.. i have tried them ALL... every Cyanoacrylate glue out there.. lol.. but you have to repair rocks.. so not too sure.. the aquamend would prob work.. it would take some time to heal.. but thats what i used to mount frags to glass in back of tank. the glue i use for frags.

Pinkheine

No More Room :-(
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I believe on the packaging it says it is not safe for aquariums.. if I'm remembering correctly reading epoxy and such over the years at the Hardware store. We have always used the Hold Fast Epoxy or for smaller items the Loctite Gel Glue.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: