duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
i have 2 true percs and a 6 line.im looking for a colorful fish that will be happy in my 30gal.this will be my last fish so it has to be some fish that will make you say WOW.if you can give me a name and possilbly a pic to help me decide.......thanks.....james

Pedro Nuno Ferreira

Liquid Breathing
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have 2 true percs and a 6 line.im looking for a colorful fish that will be happy in my 30gal.this will be my last fish so it has to be some fish that will make you say WOW.if you can give me a name and possilbly a pic to help me decide.......thanks.....james

Hi duke62

Liopropoma carmabi - Candy Basslet - Liopropoma rubre - Swissguard Basslet are possibilities, however the Candy Basslet it is not that available and usually commands a high price...but we only live once....:tongue1:

Cheers
Pedro Nuno ;-)
Post Scriptum: Beware with the 6 line as it may play rough with newcomers

Last edited:

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
The Swissguard Basslet(Liopropoma rubre) and the Swalesi Basslet(Liopropoma swalesi) are usually available and don't command that high of a price. The Candy Basslet(Liopropoma Carmabi) is pretty rare and commands a very high price, if you can even find one. You need to watch out as both Swissguard and Swalesi are sometimes sold as Candy Basset.Outside of how it looks you know if you're getting a Candy Basset or not by the price you pay, as a Candy Basset will command a very high price.

Last edited:

Pedro Nuno Ferreira

Liquid Breathing
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Swissguard Basslet(Liopropoma rubre) and the Swalesi Basslet(Liopropoma swalesi) are usually available and don't command that high of a price. The Candy Basslet(Liopropoma Carmabi) is pretty rare and commands a very high price, if you can even find one. You need to watch out as both Swissguard and Swalesi are sometimes sold as Candy Basset.Outside of how it looks you know if you're getting a Candy Basset or not by the price you pay, as a Candy Basset will command a very high price.

Hi duke62, Hi Marrone, ;-) and thank for this detailed information that allowed me to better define my suggestion in my first post. I followed the indication on Scott Michael fish guide and I made confusion with the names:confused::tongue1:, my apologies for that confusion. So duke62, the main suggestion I intend to give is the Liopropoma carmabi - Candy Basslet, but of course Liopropoma rubre - Swissguard Basslet and Liopropoma swalesi accurately mentioned/suggested by marrone are also good possibilities. Please don't forget that you have a 6 line wrasse and they tend to be rough on newcomers.

Cheers
Pedro Nuno ;-)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: