Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know a good place to purchase tanks in the area?

I'm a total beginner so I prefer not to purchase online. I'm hoping whoever I buy from can guide me along the process as well since I'm expecting to screw up from time to time. I checked Pacific Aquarium and Manhattan Aquariums and their prices are higher than what you find online.

I'm not sure what to get yet but the bigger Innovative Marine tanks and Red Sea tanks look nice and easy to get started with.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Depends on what size tank you want. Are you looking for all in one tanks. The standard tanks say 90, 120, 125, 180, ect. Usually in June they have marineland tanks sales. Gills in Mamaroneck sells a lot of Innovative and Red Sea at a good price . He has 20 gal drop off tanks and 30 gal all in one in stock. 914 341-1953. They also can get you anything you want.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on what size tank you want. Are you looking for all in one tanks. The standard tanks say 90, 120, 125, 180, ect. Usually in June they have marineland tanks sales. Gills in Mamaroneck sells a lot of Innovative and Red Sea at a good price . He has 20 gal drop off tanks and 30 gal all in one in stock. 914 341-1953. They also can get you anything you want.

Not looking for anything too big. I want something easy to manage I suppose so the smaller Red Sea tanks.

How valuable is the sump? I'm comparing the Red Sea 170 and a AIO with a stand that is a similar size. The Red Sea one is about $300 more and the biggest difference is the sump. Is it worth paying extra for the sump?

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Not looking for anything too big. I want something easy to manage I suppose so the smaller Red Sea tanks.

How valuable is the sump? I'm comparing the Red Sea 170 and a AIO with a stand that is a similar size. The Red Sea one is about $300 more and the biggest difference is the sump. Is it worth paying extra for the sump?

It really depends on you. Sumps are great if you want to hide equipment. Like reactors, heaters, skimmer, ect. But it's not necessary. One of reason why all in one are more money. Basically they more easy to set up like plug and play. No plumbing involved. They are good points on either one. Bottom line if your not going to big of a tank. All in one are good. . Go see them before buying one and watch videos on them. If you live by a store that have them in stock. And ask question to help you make a decision. I had Red Sea years ago and had great success.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: