• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

bubbles4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I have been a chef/in the food industry for years and have decided my passion lies in fish/corals. I will be moving very soon and am currently looking for a "reef related" position. Extremely hard worker and up for anything (including simply working in a pet store), I am by no means an expert in this field but am a quick learner and read about fish/corals/equipment on a daily basis. Please let me know if there's anything out there for me!
-Brad

bubbles4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
plz, go back to cooking

hahah

edit: the field is ridiculous right now, pay is near nothing unless i'm putting in 70+ hours a week, which i am no longer willing to do. If I cant make enough money doing what I know, might as well be learning/doing something i enjoy.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
You wanna job in an ocean reef related environment with lil knowledge I advise you to try maybe brooklyn new york aquarium in coney island that's probably the only place where u would be able to go with the amount of experience and pay you would be looking for. I doubt any of these LFS pay well and probably end up working for free goodluck on ur search

bubbles4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
You wanna job in an ocean reef related environment with lil knowledge I advise you to try maybe brooklyn new york aquarium in coney island that's probably the only place where u would be able to go with the amount of experience and pay you would be looking for. I doubt any of these LFS pay well and probably end up working for free goodluck on ur search

thanks for the response! That place could use all the help they could get, they have some really nice stuff but other sections are horrible, feel real bad for some of the animals there.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: