Juggernot55

Renegade Reefer
Rating - 100%
216   0   0
Hi, I currently have a 26g high tank thats been running for a year and all is well. I'm in the process of moving next month and decieded to go bigger. I went out and purchased a 55gal with stand from someone which is an excellent condition.I plan to use back my current skimmer which is a seaclone 125 (for up to 125g), a marineland emperor 400 bio wheel (for up to 90gal),150w heater, and i just purchased a marineland led reef cable fixture (48"-60"). I'm wondering what steps should i take in switching my tanks over? I plan to leave this tank at my old apartment for a friend(empty) I would really like to use aragonite that is not live (trying to save money) being that i would like to lay my current live sand on top to seed it, is this a good idea? Thanks

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
depending how deep your sand bed was i wouldnt use it unless it is rinsed with rodi completely. you can use a tiny portion to seed your new sand but not the deep part of the sandbed. with the seaclown skimmer i would save up and get yourself a good one.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: