Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I want a new (or old) powerhead and I can't find one. I have 3 of these and they are at least 40 years old. They never needed any maintenance except occasionally sticking my finger in the intake screen to clean out amphipod shells, Godzilla larvae and bristleworms. They work forever and are powerful.

I really hate those Korilas and all the powerheads with that stupid open plastic grill because that thing grows so much life that in a few years you need a demolition hammer to clean the thing and you have to remove it to clean all the time. It's just a stupid design but probably good for goldfish. :rolleyes:

I think these were made by Tunze.

If I could find something Not made in China, that would be a big plus. :cool:

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I got one. Some off brand name probably made by a 5 year old out of bamboo and eggplant skins as it was so cheap I am sure the cord is insulated with wood. It is supposed to pump 550 GPH but they also have 700 and 850 gallons. I am sure that movement is way overstated but if it runs for a week, it is worth it.

You just can't get the old, good stuff any more no matter what you spend. It's all junk.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: