joegoersch

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 29 gallon tank and 29 gallon refugium FOWLR with a feather duster and anemone, all thriving.

I'm thinking about upgrading to a 75 gallon or 120 gallon tank. It's rather difficult to decide on a tank as most places seem not to have them in stock, but rather you have to order them. Any suggestions on good brands ? I looked at the 75 gallon rimless from deep blue, but am not crazy about the overflow design (size/looks).

Any thoughts on best looking/durable 120 gallon tanks ? I'm thinking about drilling myself and maybe building a coast-to-coast overflow.

I am considering the DB 120 gallon NON-reef ready and just drilling it myself, but hard to find out from company if back glass is tempered. I'm also looking at a 120 from AGA http://www.pets-warehouse.com/Vpasp/shopexd.asp?id=91023 and would appreciate any input.

Also, from an aesthetic point, would a non-rimless (i.e. rimmed) look o.k. with no canopy and lights hanging above it ? What's the best looking reef-capable lights for a 120 gallon tank (48 x 24 x 24) ?

Thanks !

Joe:flower:

I'm wondering also

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Looking for a 120 also.

Getting some pricing on the DB tank and probably going with that. IMO I would get the DB RR. There is only one corner overflow and it is already set up professionally.
I think by the time you get a non-RR drilled with an appropriate overflow you will have spent the same amount of money than buying a RR tank to begin with.
I like DIY projects but when it comes to the integrity of a tank, I will leave that up to those with tons more experience.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: