D

DEEPWATER

i need a sump for my 30 somewht gal tank ,,i have only 20 inch on the bottom to fit the sump ,,so ,,i could use ,,20Lx16 or 18 hx 12 or 14 w ..
anyone have something like this for sale ,LMK

regal

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I made mine with acrylic sheets bought from plastic store in brooklyn. 80g cost me less than $200.

Attachments

• SUMP1.JPG
    SUMP1.JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 145
  • SUMP2.JPG
    SUMP2.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 141
  • SUMP3.JPG
    SUMP3.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 138
  • SUMP4.JPG
    SUMP4.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 140
D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
making it on my own sounds like a plan..but i dont how to hold the bafills in place to aapply the sillicone ,,and dont lknow the high to put them ,,could anyone help me withthis project ,,once i see it dont ill know how to do it fo rthe next time ,

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Deanos said:
thx deanos ,,but gfoce sump is too big ,and Joes is too small ,,,ill looking for a weird dimention ,so i guess i have to make it on my own or see if anyone here builds from scratch ......it has to be ,,,20 inch or so long ,,and 12 to 15 w,,16 or so high ,,,,its goingot fit perfct that way and have room to put a good skimmer in the sump ,,most important for me ,,

regal

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Check out his site. That's how I learn to do mine. First time doing it also. As far so good. You don't use silicone for acrylic. I used the weldon which I got for free from this plastic shop. I put silicone in addition after the weldon has completely dry. But don't really have to if you glue it well.

http://www.melevsreef.com/

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
As far as getting it done ,i could just buy one for 150 made to my specks ,,but it will be glas ,,i dont like acrilic cuz it scraches upto fast ,,,

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
im also considering making another tank to go with that sump ,run 2 tank on the sump ,this way i could put inverts in one and corlas in the other ,

spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
see glass is like bad with me, glass cracks on uneven surfaces, also glass is really a pain when you want to add stuff into the sump, like holes and etc... but whatever you perfer i guess heh

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
oh s--t i forgot abput your skills spykes,,,,
how much to bilub me a acrlic sump ,,,,,no holes use a subm,pump ,,,
demention will be ,,,,19 long,,,16 w...16 h,,,lmk ,,and if so how long to build ,,thx ronen

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
ok,,i had one made up up to my to my dementons ,,21x21x16,,cost 100 bux ,,not bad for a new custom sump ,,

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: