DEL

reef guy in jc
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
hey guys..i recently moved from an apartment to a house, which had a finished basement. this was going to be my fish tank area. it had 2 rooms, separated by a wall, which is where my sump and all equipment will be. I brought all fish and corals over and put them in a 40g quarantine tank for the time being. I was bringing things over little by little, so I wasn't always in the new place. I saw that the temp was at 86, so i unplugged the heater. I came back the next day, went to the basement, and immediately smelled what smelled like the ocean at low tide. I checked the temp, and it was at 72!!!!! out of everything, only a bangaii cardinal and a coco worm survived!!!!! ALL my corals died !!!!!!!! my pair of platinum clowns which I had for over 6 years died !!!!!! my wife saw how sad I was, and to my surprise, instead of saying just give it up..she said the opposite..... "I guess you gotta start back up from scratch". and now the new build begins again. my first big hit was when Sandy wiped out my 110 SPS tank, and now my 50g mixed reef. but, like they say...once a reefer ..always always reefer

here's a pic to show what it looked like

1fabb17527a346fe415c1e98e949dd02.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

DEL

reef guy in jc
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
del if youre ever in westchester look me up ill give you a bunch of fags (that sucks i feel for you but look at it as a new beginning and am sure in mo time you'l have a butt kicking set up
thanks man. yea, for now i gotta cure my rocks again, but I'll use my old water which is still in the holding tank. I already ordered some new plumbing parts so once those come in, I'll start.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Sorry to read this. Many of us have been there. I have had complete wipeouts three times. Once was a major blackout in my neighborhood during a heatwave on the day my grandmother was dying. Obviously I went to the hospital inst of trying to deal with the tank. Second time was also a blackout during the heatwave, was in my office at 75 Maiden Lane and had to walk home all the way to 159th Street. By the time I got home the tank was a warm soup... Third time was when my girls decided to feed my fish and accidentally dropped the oxygen depleting packets you get in pill bottles. I had added 3 to the food container to keep it fresh. Didn't figure out what had killed my tank until I started to tear it down and found them in the overflow...

You should be able to cure the rock quickly if it didn't dry out.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

DEL

reef guy in jc
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Sorry to read this. Many of us have been there. I have had complete wipeouts three times. Once was a major blackout in my neighborhood during a heatwave on the day my grandmother was dying. Obviously I went to the hospital inst of trying to deal with the tank. Second time was also a blackout during the heatwave, was in my office at 75 Maiden Lane and had to walk home all the way to 159th Street. By the time I got home the tank was a warm soup... Third time was when my girls decided to feed my fish and accidentally dropped the oxygen depleting packets you get in pill bottles. I had added 3 to the food container to keep it fresh. Didn't figure out what had killed my tank until I started to tear it down and found them in the overflow...

You should be able to cure the rock quickly if it didn't dry out.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
I'm ok now. here's my current pic

f2c1f7d8a2e4f7c53b24ea2566023fe7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: