Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Yesterday I was out in my small inflatable dinghy and I was using the tiny outboard motor. When I took of the motor, just the top half came off and the lower half fell into the sea. I snorkeled but didn't find it. I went back today at low tide and still didn't find it so I am going back tomorrow at low tide which is about 3:00pm to look. At that time the water is about 4 1/2' deep and I will just walk around to see if I kick it. I have the exact location on my GPS so if anyone wants to come and help me look, let me know before tomorrow.
I lost it right here.

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
There are tons of baitfish, bunker, and crabs there.
I used to have an underwater metal detector, I could use it now. But it is just sand and not to hard to find if I get to the right spot. There is a small window to look for it at low tide tomorrow. My SCUBA tanks are empty and out of inspection so I can't use those. I have my snorkel gear but the visability is about a foot or two.

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Well I went out again today with a member on here. Tom, or FMF0331.
We did not find the part of my outboard because unfortunately we got a slightly late start because when I got to my boat, there was a guy in there installing the air conditioner that was removed to be welded.
Then when we got to the location where I lost the part, the water was 7' deep. I am not quite 7' tall. (not hardly) The water was to deep because it is not a moon tide which would make it a foot shallower. So we just went slogging around the tide pool where I collect and it was particularly slimy today. So we just had lunch and came in.
I had a nice time as Tom is a very nice guy, "and" a Marine Veteran which I have a lot of respect for. I will check the tide "and" moon tables to see if there is another chance to find this thing although the chances of finding it now are extreamly slim.

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
What I did not see was the lower half of my motor. In that location, there is not much to see except mud and ulva seaweed, but I have spent many hours underwater near there but farther out.and you can see some large blackfish, bluefish, stripped bass, horseshoe crabs and an occasional eel. But nothing very exciting.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: