Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Just returned from Utah, and saw some interesting things, things that I thought would not be possible. Such as the Banggai cardinals, schooling, and with mouth brooding males in the school! I thought these guys paired up for breeding, with individual territories in the water column. When breeding these guys, I had to separate pairs. Males would not tolerate other males, and females would not tolerate other females in the tank. The primary pair would force the extras into the corner. Note the lowest and the leading males are both mouth brooding in the pictures below. Outside of the school, there are cardinals scattered though out the tank. They could all be territorial males, and the school could be formed by mouth brooding males and females only.

Bcard1.jpg
Bcard2.jpg

Sexy Shrimp in the same tank as coral banded shrimps??? what gives? I would say they are about 2 feet apart from each other, meaning they can be housed in a 75gallon tank.
sshrimp.jpg

Suspending coral frags on fishing lines, instead of mounting? I vaguely remember this technique, but for what purpose? Was this what they did before people mounted on plugs?
hanging.jpg
loveland.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: