bigdog1428

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 88.1%
59   8   0
Hey guys , due to the storm, I have no power and only have a 400watt inverter. I'm switching back an. Forth from my heathers and return pump. My Inverter isn't enough for both , but I can stick a power head in there wth both of them. What's the lowest temp

My tank was at 66*. :(. Any help is appeiated. I'm in bayshore ny

alienz

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Warming tanks?

I posted this in another thread. Not sure if it will work but if you have a gas stove can you heat up some water and pour it into a glass container to float in the tank?

Or can you remove a gallon or so from the tank and slowly bring it up to 82 degrees on the stove and let it drip back in?

rrudo74901

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I hit 68 the last 2 nights when I turn off the generator. Doesn't look like the tank is in any worse shape but sustained at that temperature isn't good.

I would heat 1 quart at a time on the stove and then reintroduce the water. I brought mine to a boil the other night and in a BC 29 each quart had about a 1.5 degree rise on the tank. 82 degree water isn't going to get you where you need to be quick enough.

AlucardXP

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I destroyed my 90 yesterday when the temp hit 68. I couldnt run a heater on my power inverter. I ended up pulling the fish out and any important corals and set up my old biocube at my brothers since he had power. It was a good thing since the tank hit 63 today. Fish and everything are doing fine but dont think they would of survived. I did lose one yellow tail damsel but I had him 4 years ago and was the first fish to start my biocubes cycle.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: