a9reef

Reef Keeper
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
hey guys! anybody going to MACNA in a few weeks? i tried doing a search on MR but couldn't find any posts. i plan on going saturday, anybody have any advise? how are the prices and what is the show like? anything i should look out for?

thanks!

Jason

a9reef

Reef Keeper
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
hey chief, i just read through the posts you linked, thank you

but how is the pricing at MACNA? is it usually cheaper than what is offered online?

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
I think he means livestock and dry goods. The answer is somewhat. Vendors run specials and prices are good, but this is not a frag swap, it is a large national conference. The speakers and educational aspects are really the main attraction, but I don't think you will be disappointed if you just want to run around the showroom floor. There will be product displays and this year a pretty large number of livestock vendors ( which is not always the case). The best deals to be had are on Sunday when vendors try to get rid of stuff rather than carry it home, but the best stuff has also been picked over by then.

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
I think he means livestock and dry goods. The answer is somewhat. Vendors run specials and prices are good, but this is not a frag swap, it is a large national conference. The speakers and educational aspects are really the main attraction, but I don't think you will be disappointed if you just want to run around the showroom floor. There will be product displays and this year a pretty large number of livestock vendors ( which is not always the case). The best deals to be had are on Sunday when vendors try to get rid of stuff rather than carry it home, but the best stuff has also been picked over by then.

+1

If you buy your pass before the 10th(tommorrow) a three day pass(day time) is $99 and one day is $45.

I will be there...Looking foward to the speakers.

Phyl

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We've had 2 vendors offer show discounts.

Premium Aquatics is offering 10% off and delivery to the show with code MACNA10.

TBAquatics is offering 10% off and delivery to the show with code PREMACNA.

As more vendors jump on board with discounts we'll be sure to post.

There will be 4500g of saltwater on an 83,000sqft trade show floor. 30 speakers ready to entertain you. The Raffles will be amazing with a 52" TV, Marineland 300, 180, some nanos, you name it. The contents of the ORA display, gift cards to local area stores. Nikon D40. A Laptop. RO/DI units, salt, sand. The list goes on and on!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: