Sea Turtle

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a bottle of the B-ionic Magnesium and a 32 oz container of epsom salt. I poured the B-ionic into the fresh water top off bucket to be dosed and I have been slowly adding the epsom salt to the tank. Will this work ok?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sea Turtle":2sej0l43 said:
I bought a bottle of the B-ionic Magnesium and a 32 oz container of epsom salt. I poured the B-ionic into the fresh water top off bucket to be dosed and I have been slowly adding the epsom salt to the tank. Will this work ok?

It should.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the makeup container is closed tight or used quickly it will. The mag will lose it's buffering power over time.

Sea Turtle

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ANEMONEBUFF":1sf3b15m said:
If the makeup container is closed tight or used quickly it will. The mag will lose it's buffering power over time.
How quickly is quickly? I would say it takes about a three weeks to a month to empty the bucket.

Sea Turtle

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used about 2 pounds of epsom salt over a three day period and brought the level up to about 1390 ppm of Magnesium. I am going to use the top of water filled with the B-Ionic to maintain the magnesium level at 1309 ppm. Not sure if it will raise it or lower it. I guess I have to just give it a go to find out.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sea Turtle":33i9fldr said:
I used about 2 pounds of epsom salt over a three day period and brought the level up to about 1390 ppm of Magnesium. I am going to use the top of water filled with the B-Ionic to maintain the magnesium level at 1309 ppm. Not sure if it will raise it or lower it. I guess I have to just give it a go to find out.

sounds like a plan.

Glad the mag is up to 1390 or so. Hopefully you find it easier to maintain now that you have done the one time correction. Smaller amounts are needed to maintain it. IMHO.

my .02

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sea Turtle":cw7zg9lh said:
Warm it up just a tad and you've got a recirculating sitz bath! :D

Sea Turtle

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
seamaiden":3dvkguey said:
Sea Turtle":3dvkguey said:
Warm it up just a tad and you've got a recirculating sitz bath! :D

Ooookkkaaaaayyy. :|

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
three weeks should be okay. The Mag cocentration will stay high, but the Alk of the container will drop off as time goes on. Just keep your eye on your parameters as time goes on.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: